Saturday, July 9, 2011

LGBTQ 30 Day Challenge: Day 24

Day 24: The stupidest argument/comment you've heard about gay people or an LGBT issue?

There are so many ridiculous arguments, it's hard to choose! I guess I'll list a few:

"Gay people shouldn't raise children because their kids will be gay."

Yeah, that makes sense because all straight couples have straight children.

"If gay people get married, it will open the door for people to marry animals!"

A Taiwanese man married a barbie doll in 1999.  The first country to allow same-sex marriage was The Netherlands...in 2001. Crazy people are going to try crazy things.  Period. Point. Blank.

"All gay people are possessed by gay demons!"

Yes, I've really heard that one.  And I don't have a snide remark for it.  It just sounds ridiculous.

I feel like I hear these ridiculous statements all the time, but these are the ones I remember most.  Someday soon, hopefully we can all look back and laugh at how insane people sounded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment