Sunday, July 24, 2011

LGBTQ 30 Day Challenge: Day 30

Day 30: Anything LGBT you'd like to end this on?

So many thoughts are running through my head. I've come so far from where I was 10 years ago. I couldn't even say "I'm gay" in my head at that age. All that I ever remember thinking about was how/when to end everything if thoughts of sexuality even entered my mind. I prayed EVERY DAY for God to make me "normal." Needless to say, it didn't work. But I came through it. I'm ok.

Don't get me wrong, I still have a long way to go. I struggle with issues of masculinity, identity, dating, self-confidence, but I'm leaps and bounds ahead of even 3 years ago. Life is a struggle every day, but I'll make it. I'll figure it out.

This 30 day challenge has inspired me to record an "It Gets Better" video. It's something I've been thinking about for a while, but now it's something I feel like I need to do. Look for it to be coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment