Thursday, July 21, 2011

LGBTQ 30 Day Challenge: Day 28

Day 28: Write a letter to someone. It can be a coming out letter or a letter regarding how you hate their homophobia or whatnot. You don't have to send it.

Dear Friends,

I started writing this letter to my family and realized that you are my family and I don't want to focus on the negative. There are a few of them that will be there through thick and thin, but I expect most of them to not be permanent fixtures in my life.

You know I love you. I don't have to tell you that. I just want you to know that I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for you. I mean that literally. I wouldn't be alive today if it weren't for you. I would have long ago given up. But you showed me what love is. That no matter who I am, how I fuck up,what I'm onto or not, you're always there for me. I can call you at the drop of a hat and you're there for me. There aren't words to express how I feel.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment