Wednesday, June 22, 2011

LGBTQ 30 Day Challenge: Day 12

Day 12: What's your favorite LGBT movie (or one you'd like to see)?

No questions asked, hands down, my favorite LGBT movie...hell, my favorite movie period is Saved!.  It's amazing.  In many ways, it is the story of my life, if I were an additional character in the story and if the main character committed suicide. 

I went to a church that was almost a carbon copy of the school in the movie.  The kids were just like that.  We had the handicapped kid.  The kid that didn't really fit in because she was just being toted to church by a neighbor.  The gay kid that was scared to come out and his parent's reaction.  The first time I saw the movie, I couldn't get over how much it mimicked my own life. I don't really want to say much more so I don't spoil too much, but it's a definite must watch. 

Another good one is Latter Days.  It's the story of a gay Mormon and his struggle to come to terms with his sexuality.  This one also reminds me of my own life in a lot of ways.  It starts out kinda cheesy and the acting isn't great, but keep watching.  It's definitely worth the wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment