Tuesday, June 21, 2011

LGBTQ 30 Day Challenge: Day 11

Day 11: What's your favorite LGBT book (or one you'd like to read)?

I read a lot, but I don't really read a lot of LGBT specific books. Most of my reading is about vampires or other fantastical things.  I read Dead Boys Can't Dance several years ago and really enjoyed it.  My sense of masculinity and what defines masculinity has been an issue I've struggled with for as long as I can remember.  This book was a really great resource on the topic, although largely academic.  The book was actually donated to the University of Tennessee Hodges' Library in my name from the University Library System after I'd worked in the George F. Devine Music Library for a couple years.

One that many people have read is The Perks of Being a Wallflower. That's a really good one.  A definite must-read if you haven't. 

Boy Meets Boy and The Rainbow Boys are another couple books I'd like to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment