Thursday, June 30, 2011

LGBTQ 30 Day Challenge: Day 20

Day 20: Maureen or Joanne? (Or your favorite LGBTQ show or queer-positive show).

Why do I have to pick? I like them both! As for my favorite LGBT positive show, I'm not sure. I love True Blood and there is a strong LGBT presence on that show. And the cast is just sexy, come on. Other than that, I'm drawing a blank. So many shows have such strong, positive LGBT characters.

Queer as Folk is pretty good. Buffy: the Vampire Slayer had "Willow" and her girlfriend. That was probably one of the earliest regular characters I can think of that was LGBT. Bones had an LGBT character if I'm not mistaken. This is hard for me. I watch so much T.V. that I can't really remember. Oh, HawthoRNe has a lesbian nurse. Haha, I guess I'm failing at this.

I will say that I think we are finally being represented pretty accurately on T.V. and in film. I think the fact that there isn't a single stand-out choice is a good thing.

And I'm realizing that the original question said "show" and mentioned RENT. If we're talking Broadway, is there actually a show that isn't at least somewhat LGBT positive?

No comments:

Post a Comment